Monday, November 10, 2008

The 3 V's: Victim verses Victimizer

While I was droning on about my current crisis, a friend reminded me what another friend says, "If I had to choose, I'd rather choose to be the victim than the victimizer." (Valerie T.) This statement is empowering since it reminds us exactly what choices we do have.

Sometimes I feel so stupid and vulnerable when I don't see things coming. Like maybe I am not as sharp or smart as I should or could be, and I feel socially inadequate. However, my mind does not think like a perpetrator. This quote reminds me that I do have a choice; it reminds me that just because I don't foresee a situation, doesn't necessarily mean that I am inept. I don't foresee being mistreated because of my mindset, which is the way I think and see the world. And, the way I think and see the world is okay, the flipside would make me a victimizer, which is not what I choose to be, want to be, or how I want to see the world.

This quote also shows whose team and side we're on, the preying side or the side of the prey. Thank you Valerie, for the wise 3 v's to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment