Saturday, November 7, 2009

5 years


It has been five years since Joe died.
I sure miss him.
I miss his laugh, his strong arms, his bald head, and his soft hair. I miss his bear hugs, his sense of humor and his jokes. I miss waking up next to him and falling asleep in his arms. I miss his walking across the floor with muddy shoes. I miss him calling me 400 times a day, and I miss his kisses goodbye. But most of all I miss living with him because everything was possible and not so scary when he was around.

I left one white rose on his headstone to represent our pure and eternal love.
I took the other white rose home, for the same reason.

Death may separate us, but it does not end our marriage nor does it end our love for each other. Our relationship continues on and even though he doesn't walk through the door, or call on the phone I know he is still around walking with me through life and helping me when he can. I know that he misses me and his family as much as we all miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment