Sunday, August 29, 2010

Conversation between Grandma & Matt


Matt: I like those backpacks.
Grandma: Do you have a new one for school?
Matt: No, I have to use the one from last year.
Grandma: Do you want grandma to buy you a new one?
Matt: We better call and ask mom.
Grandma: It will be okay, I'll just buy you one.

After the purchase and getting buckled in the car I decided to use the backpack as a persuasion to guilt the child into doing what I wanted...see how it back fires!

Grandma: Since grandma bought you a backpack, I think that when I call you should talk to me.
Matt: But, I don't want to talk on the phone.
Grandma: Do you want me to take the backpack back?
Matt: No.
Grandma: Then I think you should talk to me when I call.
Matt: But I don't want to talk to you.

Grandma: It's not so hard let's practice. . .ring, ring.
Matt: I don't want to talk to you.
Grandma: Do you want the backpack. Ring, ring...
Matt: I don't want to talk to you.

Grandma: You want the backpack, you talk to me on the phone. Ring, ring...
Matt: This is Matt I am not available leave me a message...

Matt wins and Grandma busts a gut. . .Thursday Matt started school with his new backpack, and today, he wouldn't talk to me on the phone. . .

1 comment: