Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Catch Up

So, here is what has been happening from most recent--pictures to follow someday!!!
  • Sunday was Stake Conference and it was like watching Poltergeist the movie--the technology was not working very well.  Good thing I went to the Saturday evening session and was spiritually fed--no stuffed!  Good thing I had the new IPad so I could read.
  • Saturday went to a wedding reception.  Good luck Smith newly-weds.
  • Received a post card announcing Anthony and Katie are expecting.  Baby due February 29, 2012.  I am very excited and can hardly wait.  (Good thing Dad checks his mail!)     
  • Went to Grace, Idaho with my Dad on a family history interview with my second cousin once removed.
  •  September 4 would have been Joe's 50th birthday.  I got him an IPad.  I hope he likes it, because I am sure enjoying it.
  • September 3  Joe's brother LaRonzo had a heart attack.  What a scare.  We are very glad he is doing well and thanks to everyone for their prayers.
  • ROAD TRIP:  I went to Yellowstone with my BFF's Patty & Nanette.  Saw Old Faithful, buffalo grazing on the side of the road, bears, and wolfs.  We had a blast and as always I love traveling with them.
  • Kaleb turned 1 years old. 
  • Matthew and Trekker both lost their two front teeth and they both started second grade.
  • Learned about Netflix and began watching reruns of  The Walton's because of the next item on the list:
  • July and the first weeks of August I laid around while I passed two kidney stones.   (My Dad passed one during this time and another one last week--I'm thinking genetic!!!)  Needless to say I was laid up and did nothing, so I am very far behind.  I think that is why I did not feel good in June.  Who knew.  Here are the results of the unscientific study that was completed:  drinking water does NOT make you lose weight.  Two gallons of water a day for 4 weeks and I lost no weight, only two small stones.
In other news, Athena was called to be in the Primary Presidency (secretary) so I get to babysit every Monday while she attends presidency meeting.  It is very, Very, VERY fun to watch that new baby.

I am loving the Mormon Channel on the IPad.  It is very nice to listen to uplifting messages throughout the day.  Can't listen to the radio--love rock 'n roll but there are too many memories associated with the music.  A person can only listen to so much talk radio--like once a week is plenty.

I am still serving a Church Service Mission two days a week.  I am loving it and it was very good to be able to still do that while I was so sick.  I only missed one day.  This mission has been such a blessing in my life. I have learned so very much and it has given me an opportunity to be useful.

Lastly, need to buy a new lawn mower.  Who cares, me, because my yard has looked like crap this year.  Adam and Athena have mowed it several times while I was laid up, and I am still learning the fertilizing system, and it shows by the look of the multicolored greens and dead spots.  In fact, it almost looks camouflage!

Next I will try to get my pictures download!

P.S. CONGRATULATIONS to ANTHONY and KATIE
(This will make 3 grand babies in 18 months which = a very happy grandma)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new grandbaby to be! Don't tell Joan, she'll get super jealous, & we'll get in trouble :) I love you dearly, Janet, even though I've only seen you a few times. That family talks about you often! I hope you're doing well & I bet Joe LOVES that Ipad. Especially with how much fun it gives you! <3

    ReplyDelete