Friday, July 19, 2013

Through my eyes. . .

. . .things look much different today. Death has a way of changing and challenging your beliefs, values, and faith. After seeing your husband in a casket, your eyes see things different. Your whole belief system is shaken, your whole thought process is rocked, and your view of this life is through different colored glasses. You either run to God, or run from God, but it is in that moment, standing at the casket, you really decide what you believe in.

From that day forward you are suddenly walking down, the same path, but with different perspective. There is no going back; 
the innocence is gone, 
this IS what life IS about---what happens after death.


We have one shot at our lives.  We have one shot at living it the way we BELIEVE is best. 

What happens to those who die, and what happens to those who continue to live?  How do we handle it?


I just know this:
you CANNOT love someone with your WHOLE heart,
live with them,
adapt to them,
and give them of yourself,
and then not miss them
every
single
minute
of every
single
day.

There is no getting over this grief.
There is no recovery from this hurt and pain.
This hurt is a constant reminder of how I loved him;
with my whole heart
and how he loved me;
with his whole heart.

And I BELIEVE I will see him again,
and he will hold me,
and we will NEVER be apart again!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, Mom. If I could give you a hug right now I would. I know you will see him again too. :)

    ReplyDelete