Monday, September 23, 2013

My Favorite...

I just finished a personal assessment test that asked:  what is your favorite color?

In most aspects of my life I am very opinionated and know what I want.  When eating out, I generally have an idea of what I'm in the mood for.  Choosing clothes, buying a house or a car, or even painting a wall I know what I do or don't like!  Overall, choices don't leave me in a quandary...that is until I am asked:  what is your favorite color!

My answer is this:
My favorite color is green--the green of a Crayola crayon, the green of freshly mowed summer grass, and the green of pine needles on the Christmas tree.
My favorite color is yellow--bright yellow walls, curtains and daffodils.
I love blue--the blue of the sky, the blues of a lake and the blues of my grand babies eyes!
I love the color black:  the classic look of a black skirt and black jacket, the shine of onyx and black marble, the distinguished look of Joe's black casket, and the black keys on the piano.
I love red:  Christmas red.  I love cranberry red nail polish, and the deep red color of beets and strawberries.
My favorite color is deep purple and light purple.  The purple of violets, lilacs, and petunias.  I love purple found in flowers and in water colors.
I love white--temple white and it's symbolic meaning.  I love fresh white snowfall and white clouds.
I like brown--deep chocolate as in the color and as in the taste!  I like deep rich brown cake and fudge frosting.  I like deep rich brown dirt and brown bark on a tree.
My favorite is the orange of pumpkins, pumpkin pie, oranges and fat little goldfish.

I also like bright turquoise, pink (light, dark and hot), deep coral, and lime green.
I like the syrupy look of topaz, the yummy richness of black cherry and the red/orange of desert sandstone.

So, what is my favorite color?  I just don't have one, but rather all colors are my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment