Saturday, November 9, 2013

Trip to Rock Springs, Wyoming

 Last month I took a trip to Rock Springs with my Dad and Joan. 

It was a blast! 

Sure I wish my family was from somewhere exotic and warm, but they weren't!

And, every time I go back to that grayish-brown and brownish-gray town, I get homesick for the memories I have of the research I have done there.


I walked where they walked, and see what they saw!

I am on the hunt to learn about them and who they were...

I love going with my father because his quietness subsides and out comes the storyteller in him.  His memories flood of what was and who was there...

So, even though I have never lived in Rock Springs, nor have I ever spent an extended amount of time there, the town comes alive with my research and my Dad's stories as I visit the town.  I have learned so much about my family in this town, it is honestly like coming home!


No comments:

Post a Comment