Tuesday, August 5, 2014

July Was Full Circle

What a crazy month July was.  It began with a new baby and ended with a funeral, with travel, a birthday and serious illness in between!

I was able to help out my daughter who ended up being very ill after Missy was born, by taking her children for a few days.  Oh my goodness.  They were good, but mommys are soooo busy!  Of course, the blessings, little kid hugs and funniness of them all was such a joy to my life!

Thankfully, prayers were answered and daughter is well.

I had my birthday--yep, another year older and a time for reflection.

Then, my great aunt passed away and I attended the beautiful funeral services; a tribute and an accounting of her life and her legacy.  It was also a time to visit with close relatives and long lost cousins. 

Now, July is gone and August is here and I realized July was a "life-time".    It began with a birth ended with a death and had serious life issues in between!

July was a month of serious reflection for me, and an opportunity to once again see why family history and genealogy work is so important.  Every person that lives has their story written on the hearts of their family members.  Every person that lives makes an impression in this world; great or small, an impression none-the-less.  And, doesn't everyone's story deserve to be told in their honor and for their life?  Yes, they do, and that is why I do this work--to tell the stories and to learn about the lives of my ancestors.  Each one of them mattered, just like my family matters to me.  They all had mothers and fathers and siblings who loved them.  They all had good days and bad days and they all had their own struggles.  Just because they have passed on, doesn't mean their lives can't help and matter to me and my life. 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for helping out, I very much appreciated it. By the way, that first picture of the kiddos playing in the rain is adorable. I just stole it. Hope that it okay! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete