Saturday, June 27, 2015

Here's What. . .

In January I began working at a big box store...and I loved it.  I signed up to work 20-25 hours a week, which is what I worked the first month.  I enjoyed NOT spending my evenings home alone.  I enjoyed feeling well enough to have a little side job.  I continued to serve at the Library two days a week, and although I was busy I was determined to serve at the Library until May, which would give me a full five years of service.

The store where I was working increased my hours, because they were short-handed.  Suddenly I was working between 30 and 35 hours a week and volunteering at the Library 12 hours.  I was Thursday's where I would volunteer at the Library, and on Saturdays I worked my shift at the Library and a shift at the store.  Sundays, my only day off, I was exhausted but oh, it felt good!

I was driving home one a Saturday night after working my usual shift at the Library and working my shift at the store.  It was about 11:30 and I was tired, it was a good tired, the result of working 35 hours and volunteering 12 hours for the week.  Suddenly I was reminded of the Priesthood blessings Joe used to give me.  Two things were always consistent with those blessings, fist I would feel buoyed up enough to endure the pain and illness and secondly I was always promised I would be healed.   I never thought much about the promise to be healed after the blessings themselves, but that Saturday evening I knew because of my faith I had finally been healed. . .over 15 years later...and I suddenly felt the love of my husband who had given me those blessings from my Heavenly Father who had healed me.   I finished driving home with tears of joy running down my cheeks.

On Friday, the day before my last day at the Library, I was offered a full-time job with complete benefits.  I accepted the offer and have been working full-time, just over a month.

Physically I am doing so well.  I am gaining strength everyday and my endurance is improving.  Yes, I still have some problems and pain, but I can feel the healing within me and I am feeling better than I have for the last 15 years!

My last day at the Library was May 2, where I was asked to bear my testimony at my final prayer meeting.  Tomorrow I report to the High Council and speak in church, thus closing that sweet treasured chapter of my life.

Everyday when my alarm goes off I remind myself how blessed I am to wake up and go to work.  When I want to stay in bed I am reminded of being confined to bed day after day.  When out-of-town family came to stay and I still had to work everyday, I was glad that for 10 years I didn't have to work.

As I drive to work everyday I look at the others drivers on their way to work and I wonder, "do they know how blessed they are to be able to go to work everyday?"

My first complete week of work, I got home Friday evening and was so excited it was Friday...because I was blessed enough to work the full week and have a weekend!

Yesterday was payday, I am blessed!

Today, I washed my car and went grocery shopping, typical Saturday activities for full-time employees, I am blessed!

busy.  I was healthy enough to physically keep up with this schedule, and this brought me great happiness.   I worked everyday, but

No comments:

Post a Comment