Thursday, October 16, 2008

God's will

Wednesday I went to the temple with a friend and her daughter. The officiator was an older gentleman who could barely walk. He was stiff, had very crooked fingers, and looked uncomfortable. As I watched him I recalled attending a session where an older woman completed an endowment session lyng on her back on a gurney.

This little woman looked quite frail and needed assistance throughout the whole session. She laid at the front of the room and I recall promising myself to always remember her as an example of faithful temple attendance. I am certain no one expected her to attend the temple, and in fact it was probably more difficult than my mind could even imagine.

As I contemplated how our physical bodies wear out from use and time, my mind traveled to my friend whose husband was, at that very moment, lying in a hospital bed on a ventilator. He's not really that old however, his body is worn and damaged. Next I thought of Joe and how healthy his body was but, he did not have the opportunity to "wear it out."

Once again I was reminded it is all in God's way, will and time. Not even the wearing out or the lack of wear and tear on our physical bodies determines how long we will live. It is all up to our Heavenly Father. Our diseased, broken, or worn bodies cannot even determine our demise, it is only in the will of the Father.

Please keep the Clarke family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment