Monday, October 25, 2010

Anniversary

It should entitle this "Happy Anniversary", but it's not.  It's sad.  It hurts.  Sure all of the stuff I know it my head about eternity and forever, does not make my heart hurt any less.  It's broken and there is no way around that.  You don't just love someone for thirty years and then let it go.  Instead you miss them more and more everyday that your apart.
So, let's see if I can remember 30 things about the day I was married.
  1. The morning we got married, Joe picked me up early and we went to his house where his mom cooked us breakfast
  2. Joe did not sleep the night before we got married which explains #29
  3. It wasn't until I was driving to the ceremony that it suddenly all became very real
  4. We were married at Seven Oaks Reception Center in Salt Lake City, Utah
  5. Joe looked very handsome in his white tux and full beard
  6. My dress made me feel like a princess
  7. My something old was my necklace, something new was my dress, something borrowed was my slip and something blue was my garter
  8. My colors were peaches and cream
  9. My bouquet was peach roses on a fan, and it was beautiful
  10. My cake top was a blown glass heart with doves hanging from the middle
  11. My bridesmaids were:  Lanette, Jolene, Ruby, Amanda, and Cindy
  12. The groomsmen were: Joe, Ben, LaRonzo, Randy and Mark
  13. Ben was late getting there and we almost started without him
  14. My friend Marilyn sat at my book
  15. My friend Melanie helped with gifts
  16. Dawn Fairbanks played the prelude music
  17. As my dad and I walked down the stairs, I prayed I would not fall, but my knees were shaking like crazy
  18. I was so nervous during the ceremony I never heard a word that was said
  19. Yes, there is a dragon fly on the breast of the statue in all of my pictures
  20. No, I did not look to see if it was still there during the ceremony because I did not want to draw attention to the prank those "dumb boys" did
  21. Instead of playing the wedding march at the end of the ceremony we played Queen's "Another One Bite's the Dust"
  22. Refreshments were cake and punch
  23. There were real doves in the cage behind us at the reception hall
  24. Yes, there is a picture of me flipping the "bird" to LaRonzo, but I generally deny and try to hide it
  25. My white heals gave me terrible blisters
  26. We left the reception in our blue Ford Futura
  27. After the reception we stopped and ate at Dee's and had steak 'n Swiss burgers, Joe's favorite
  28.  "Someone" did not make hotel reservations, so we had to look for a room late that evening, and the first few hotels were full
  29. It's true someone fell asleep, and it wasn't me
  30. It was the happiest day of my life

2 comments:

  1. {{{hugs}}}
    That was fun reading your memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe...that was fun to read and read about somethings that you never told us. I am sorry today is hard...I wish I was there to give you a hug. I love you mom! :)

    ReplyDelete