Sunday, October 10, 2010

Temples

Yesterday morning I left my house around 6:45 am to go to the FHL.  While waiting at the stop sign to the entrance of my subdivision, I usually try to locate the two temples across the lake,




  Mt Timpanogos



and Provo.


I then decided to count the temples I pass on my way to my mission.






From Redwood Road I can see the Mt.Quirrah Hills temple,



the Draper temple, 




and the Jordan River Temple.




After I park the car and while walking to the back door of the Library, I see the spires on the Salt Lake Temple.  That is a total of 6 temples I see on the days I serve my mission.



President Packer said it best,  "No work is more of a protection to this Church than temple work and the family history research that supports it. No work is more spiritually refining. No work we do gives us more power. No work requires a higher standard of righteousness."  
And that is why I feel so blessed to pass by these holy structures as I go to serve and help others in their research.


Sources:
temple pictures:   http://lds.org/temples
President Backer quote:  from The Holy Temple, http://lds.org/temples/purpose/holy/0,11707,2028-1,00.html



No comments:

Post a Comment