Monday, June 11, 2012

Kudos to the Mommies

Last Monday four of my little grandchildren, ages 8 to 1, came and stayed with me for three days.  Right after their parents left, they were running excitedly through the house.  Giggles, hugs, kisses, laughs, and happy screams filled my house.  Tears sprang to my eyes as I thought to myself, "These are the sounds that this large home needs to fill it with love."  I sat there and let it all soak in; the fun excitement of an extended stay at grandma's with no parents!

About 9 hours later, as I let the dogs out the garage door and "someone" twice let the three dogs through the front door the screams of herding the dogs and grandchildren were not so pleasant.  My back hurt from carrying a one year old and gardening, and four children shivered from running through the sprinklers...They still needed baths and pajamas and I was beat!

I thought to myself, "Mommies are hero's!"  That thought continued to run through my mind as I tried to keep up over the next couple of days. 

So, to all of you Mommies out there---you are hero's and kudos to you and all you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment