Thursday, June 14, 2012

Last month I traveled to Iowa to do some family history work.  Des Moines was a beautiful little city, but there was something very remarkable I learned from the drivers there.

Des Moines drivers are the most kind and considerate driver's I have ever encountered!  I was driving like a tourist, trying to read street signs and follow my navigation system.  Unintentionally, there were several times that I pulled out in front of other cars, needed to squeeze in front of someone, or drove too slow.  However, I was not honked at a single time.  Nope, not once.

It was contagious, and I noticed I began to be a more compassionate driver.  So, as I get back to Utah and am driving in traffic, I repeat to myself, "Be like an Iowa driver."

It is easy to drive "nice" when everyone is driving nice, not so easy when everyone is not driving "nice!"  Maybe I'll print up a little card to put in my car as a reminder of my travels to Iowa and a personal lesson I learned from the drivers there!


No comments:

Post a Comment