Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Family History Library


"For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, 
and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do."
3 Nephi 32:5 

This was our mission scripture for May 2014.  Each day we recited the scripture, I keep thinking about how this scripture applies to this wonderful building.  If you enter through the front door of the Library, with a prayer in your heart "the Holy Ghost will show unto you all things what ye should do" to further your research.

There are times when I have been researching or helping someone, and something miraculous will happen.  At those times I know that it is the Holy Ghost showing me what needs to be done or what needs to be found.

You don't  open a book to a page you need!
You don't  search a name and have all of the "vague" information clearly link together.
You don't  have a guest have the exact information the next guest you help needs.
You don't  "recall" something and have it brought to the front of your mind, every time you help guests.
You don't just have "genius" ideas by yourself! 

What a blessing it is to serve at the Library.  What a blessing it is to witness these miracles that strengthen my testimony of this work.   I have served for 5 years now, and the blessings are beyond belief!


No comments:

Post a Comment