Sunday, May 6, 2012

Healing

A week ago I went to the Manti temple for a sealing and a temple session.  On the way to church a few days later I realized how I was able to stay composed and keep the tears at bay.  A few tears leaked out here and there at "appropriate" times during the ceremony, and I did have a good cry,  but it was controlled and planned. 

Hummmm I thought, "grief maturity"?  The ability to control those emotions.  Maturity and self-discipline of the grieving widow?

"Grief maturity" is when you can keep it together in what are tender places in doing things that remind you of your sweet deceased husband?

Opposite is "grief immaturity"  where you are just a bawling idiot that cannot control the tears, the sobs or calm down the emotion. 

Suddenly I realized, nope, it is not "grief maturity" it is HEALING.

Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment