Friday, May 18, 2012

Here's what's been happenin'

It has just taken me half an hour to be able to post!  Seriously.  Something must not be working between Blogger and Firefox!  Frustrating!

Any-who, I just got back from a family history trip to Iowa.  My great grandfather's sister and brother settled in Iowa and much of their family has remained there.  It was a very rewarding family history trip finding death certificates, obituaries, marriages, graves and meeting second cousins.  It was also fun to spend time with my Dad who tolerated my obsession with family history work and me popping out of bed in the middle of the night because of a research idea!  (He also tolerated my incessant talent of getting lost--even with a GPS!  Yep, that's me!)

 Dad & I swung by Casper on the way home and met with some relatives, and as we were getting ready to leave Dad kept saying that there was another road and maybe we should try it.  So, we asked a couple of seperate locals how good the road was and if there were facilities.  Neither had been on the road in awhile and maybe...maybe not about the facilities.  We decide to take the road which to our unexpected surprise, took us past Independence Rock and Martin's Cove!  Seriously, Casper people who we spoke too!

The Sunday before we left, the Lott's had the new baby blessed! 
What a sweet family!
(Yep, my son decided the dog, Cappy, should be in the picture!)
Two of this family's children did not want this picture taken,
however they happily found their way into this picture!

Can you believe how big this little guy is getting! 
He was running and playing, just like the "big" kids!
Dip anyone! 
Yep, that's grandma's great photography and the quickness of a 1 1/2 year old! 

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment