Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

A day I should be at a cemetery either decorating graves or doing family history work, but rather I am in bed.  Seriously, I have another kidney stone, and stick a fork in me because I am done with this!

Pain, a funny thing that makes my eyes and heart weepy!

Is that because whenever I did not feel well he took such good care of me?  Is it because I knew I could count on him to help me out and do whatever needed to be done?  Is it because you feel worse when you are all alone?

Nope, I think I'm weepy because I just miss him and his wonderfulness.  Nope he wasn't perfect,  but he tried and above all else he could make you laugh.  And isn't life a little easier with a few laughs?

Another reason I'm weepy today, I'm going to lunch with his family, which is always difficult.  He SHOULD be there.  He SHOULD be there to celebrate his father's 80th birthday.  He SHOULD be there to see his nieces and nephews, brother and sister, and his parents.  He SHOULD be there to make everyone laugh and to laugh with everyone.  He SHOULD be there. . .and he's not and that is what makes me cry today!

The larger-than-life and aren't-I-the-center of attention uncle Joe should be there today at lunch with his family.  He SHOULD be able to hug his dad, catch up with his brother and tease the little kids, but rather I'll show up, alone, and everyone will be forced to remember that he's NOT there...and even though it's been 7 1/2 years, we all still miss him.

Happy memorial day...

No comments:

Post a Comment