Tuesday, June 11, 2013

If You Could Hie to Kolob

I rarely listen to music on the radio.  It has been 8 1/2 years, and it is still difficult.  Music brings me back to times and places that are still very tender in my heart.  You know the songs.

But, I am getting stronger, so I turned on the radio and listened to the "oldies" station and reminisced to some old tunes on the way into the Library Saturday morning.

By the time I arrived, my eyes were moist, but my heart was happy and light.

Then for our opening song in prayer meeting we sang the first and fifth verse of "If You Could Hie to Kolob."

The last verse hit me very hard, and as strong as I think I have gotten, I was quickly reminded it all is still very painful.

The words in the 5th verse are what I want desperately. . .someday. . .


There is no end to glory;
There is no end to love;
There is no end to being;
There is no death above.


Text: William W. Phelps, 1792-1872 
Source:  LDS Hymns

No comments:

Post a Comment