Friday, March 20, 2009

Winner, Loser

Write a brief, fictional piece about someone winning, someone losing, or both.

So, I read the writing prompt and I am going to write the first thing that comes to my mind; which is not fictional and it is more of a comparison.

I win,
I live alone.
I lose,
I live alone.

Things stay where I put them,
there is no one to help get ready to go somewhere.

I never have to compromise,
There is no one to talk to.

I'll never have a mounted deer head on my wall,
I have to check the air in my own tires.

If it's lost,
I lost it.

If it has been eaten,
I ate it.

If I saved it,
It is still there.

If I have a headache,
Everyone is quite.

If it's clean,
I cleaned it.

If it's dirty,
I dirtied it.

I live alone, I win,
I live alone, I lose.

1 comment:

  1. Can I come live with you? That way, you'll never be lonely. I hate the thought that you are there by yourself. Makes me sad.

    When it's quite at your house, do you wonder if anyone will notice if you use the wrong word on your blog?

    ReplyDelete