Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Update to Procrastination Post


Last night I went to bed a mess, and it was over 100' yesterday, so I guess that made me a hot mess!  Today my eyes are red and burning from allergies and all that dust in the old boxes and from crying.

I was in such an avoidance mode yesterday, because no good could have possibly come from going through those boxes and trying to make copies of everything--maybe I should just back off and if a catastrophe is going to happen let it happen--let it burn; or flood; or get stolen; or get bugs or whatever can ruin your stuff.  At least then all my emotions will be boxed up and safely stored in the corner where they cannot pain me to my core and stab my heart.

Here's what I found pictures, our high school love letters, wedding album, funeral book, funeral programs, sympathy cards and letters, and two memory boxes.

When I find that kind of stuff I am like the dumb-lady-in-the-scary-movie who hears  a noise and gets out of bed to find out what it is.  No good can come from it especially when that particular music begins to play.  But, just like the dumb-lady-in-the-scary-movie, I have to open that box, look at that letter, or touch that photograph, while every fiber of my being yells, NO.

Since I don't have enough time today to finish, I guess all those boxes get hauled upstairs, and maybe I'll just let the children go through them after my death like all "good" parents do! Then, as they are all sitting around going through these boxes they can repeatedly say, "why did she keep all this crap?"

So here are few choice pictures to keep you in stitches,
 after such a sobering post:


Yep, we were a hot couple back in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment