Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas was nice.  Dinner included Dad and his wife, the in-laws, niece "K", both daughters and their families and son and his wife, and little sister and her husband.  Total 19 people.
We ate turkey, ham, yams, potatoes & gravy, jalapeno stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, raspberry & pretzel jello salad, rolls, vegetable tray with Ranch dip (and yummy sweet pickles), tossed salad, broccoli & cheese, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, and fresh garden corn. And I made a punch with limeade and Sprite, with cut up oranges and lemons, with cranberries.  It turned out very yummy!  Even used the punch bowl from my wedding, haven't pulled it out for ages.  It was kind of fun!

Food was great.
Gifts were great.
Children were fun.


Pictures. . . well the camera sat on the counter. . .and I never used it.
Funny how frequently I do that!
Oh well, here are pictures of the grand-children's pillow cases I painted and gave them:



the planets and spaceships
flowers

farm animals
space ships and glow in the dark aliens

hoping everything nice will rub off in her sleep!

Things I am grateful for:
  1. The birth of the Savior
  2. The Gospel
  3. My family & friends
  4. Church on Christmas Day

No comments:

Post a Comment