Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Eskimo Legend & Anniversary

"Perhaps they are not really stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy."

I know what you are all saying, "oh no, not another anniversary."  
Yep, but this year I remembered this one thank you to my Joe's new IPad and the handy calendar!  

Friday, December 9 is Joe and my sealing anniversary.
Yep, it was the day we were sealed for all eternity in the Manti Temple.
It was a very HAPPY day and here is what I remember:
  • We were married civilly 17 years before we were sealed
  • I was more nervous being sealed than married--by then I kinda had an idea of how long "eternity" was going to be!
  • It was only 10 months and 5 days from the day I first went through the temple.  (When conversion happens it happens fast.)
  • For the past seven years, I have CLUNG and HELD TIGHTLY to that sealing.  
  • There was a snow storm, and I didn't care if anyone else was able to make it to the temple.
  • There are no words to describe the feeling of  having my family all togeher in the temple.  That was the only day we were or will ever be all in the temple at the same time:  Joe, myself and our children.
  • It was very cold, you can tell by our pictures
  • Very beautiful and very sacred.
So here's to 14 years and the rest of forever with you. . .I miss you!
X O X O X O X O

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! What peace this day will always give you. FOREVER! XO

    ReplyDelete