Thursday, November 24, 2011

The giver is really the biggest receiver

So yesterday was the Remster's big number 5 birthday.  I gave him some cash and a coupon for the Chinese Buffet, his favorite place to eat.  I figured that we would go and shop for a gift and then go out to lunch.

At first I was going to take him out before his birthday, because who wants to wait for their present? 

Then as it got closer I realized that  it was almost torture to get a birthday present and then not get to play with it. 

So I settled on cash. 

Last night on the way to his house, I felt kind of guilty, I thought how lame.  Just cash and a promise to go get a birthday present, maybe not such a good idea.

And
then
he opened it,
and in his five years of wisdom and with great delight he exclaimed:
from here


"It's thousands of dollars! ! !"

(The bigger gift, squashing grandma's insecurities!  Thank you my little five-year-old!)
 

1 comment: