Friday, November 25, 2011

My Accomplishment

Here is what I have been working on: 
On 14 August 1923, 137 men entered the mine, 38 came home.  Ninety-nine men were killed that morning about an hour after they first entered the mine.  In the small communities of Frontier and Kemmerer, those 99 men represented 4% of the population.

I did two research papers on the accident when I attended Western Wyoming Community College, and since I have had so much background information about the accident I thought a blog was a great way to share the information so that their descendants would be able to know what happened.

I believe that it is not only a genealogical tool, but also a historical tool about early coal mining in Wyoming.  Go check it out and leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment