Saturday, March 24, 2012

Family

                                  


"To us, family means putting your arms 
around each other and being there."
-Barbara Bush

Isn't that just a sweet thought!  However, I remember many days when the idea of putting my arms around my family members would have probably ended squeezing too tightly.

Crazy, but I miss those days.  I miss the business of laundry, cooking, cleaning, children fighting, and yelling.  I miss the warmth of sharing evening with loved ones, hugs, smiles, and the silly things children say.

I miss the hectic moments looking for lost items; the tired legs from baking all day; the silliness and laughs at dinner.  I miss toothpaste in the sink, dirty bedrooms and piles of laundry.  I miss crumbs on the kitchen floor, fingerprints on the windows, and lights being left on.  
I miss it all, crazy as it sounds.
I am glad I have the sweet memories.
I have been so blessed to be a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment