Monday, March 26, 2012

My Mission

I am quickly approaching two full years as a Church Service Missionary.

And, I still love it.

It is the best of both worlds; being a missionary and doing family history research.  I have learned so much and I have been able to do so much research.  I usually average anywhere from 12  to 30 hours of family history work a week.  I average about 12 hours a week at the FHL, with the remaining hours being personal research.

One of the sweetest parts of my mission is working with the other missionaries.  There are some really sweet people I have been able to meet and become friends with.  Each mission shift begins with a spiritual thought given by the various missionaries.  After attending these prayer meetings for almost two years, I can say, I walk among spiritual giants.  I am in constant awe of what they teach me about living a Christ centered life, and the Gospel perspectives they have shared with me.

Another sweet part of my mission is the devotional and other meetings where we have the sacred experience of being taught in person by our great Church leaders.  I don't want to boast or brag, however I am grateful for being so inspired and uplifted. 

Things in the genealogical world are  quickly changing.  Records are being released online at such a fast pace allowing anyone and everyone to have access.  This is monumental and I am sure the impact will be awesome!

My advice to you, plan your life so that someday you may be able to serve the Lord as a missionary.  Plan your finances, time, and education so that someday you will be able to receive the many great and wonderful blessings that are available to you through missionary work.  

Joe's death ruined my world, but because of his death I have the blessing of being able to serve this mission at this time and for this I am truly grateful and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment