Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Season's


Spring has always been my favorite time of the year.  The sunlight increases daily, the blossoms and buds on the flowers and trees are bursting open and there is a general renewal in the air.  Spring holds a special place in my heart, however these past several years I have come/learned to love autumn also.  Previously, I believed that autumn represented death/dying, hibernation/sleep, cold/icy and brown/gray, but now I see it as more of preparation period--the step before full blown winter and the slumbering spring.  When viewed as a vital part of the process I have come to enjoy the colors, smells and welcome the end of the growing season.

Spring is still my favorite, however not so far in the lead as it used to be, but today, I'm glad it's spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment