Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Didn't Cry

It is pretty pathetic when you measure how well you are doing by the "cry barometer".  I remember a time when just a mild mishap would send me to the "wailing wall of tears".  
Some-days,
that still happens.

But, Valentine's Day, I was hit by another car.  I'm okay, but I was so shook up, because of Joe being killed in a car accident.  Just makes my mind and thoughts go to places that are dark and dreary...

Anyway,
I was trembling.
My hands shook.
I stayed put until I composed myself.
Didn't look at the damages on the Beamer until I was in control.

After filling out the accident report and speaking with the UHP, I drove out of the parking lot, and thought to myself:
"Well, I handled that pretty good, and I didn't cry."

I
DID
NOT
CRY!!!


Wow.

Widowhood, grief, and all everything has made me stronger . . well, today anyway if you measure it by the "cry barometer".

No comments:

Post a Comment