Saturday, February 4, 2012

Things I learned from. . .

my Dad:
  1. Sometimes a good swift kick in the butt is needed.
  2. Parents are human too!
  3. You can watch football with your eyes closed.
  4. Be patient with NewFamilySearch.
  5. He'll meet your husband at the Summit in the middle of the night if his daughter needs it!
It has been so much fun working with my Dad and Joan at the FHL.  I mean really, how many daughters get to serve a mission with their father?  It has allowed me to be able to see a different side of my Dad and Joan.  It is fun to watch them interact with everyone at the Library and with their friends.  It's kind of like being a fly on the wall; watching when they don't know you are peeking!
cira 1990's jrobertslott photo
And, I have to admit my Dad has been a pretty good sport about this whole family history stuff.  He's gone to Rock Springs with me several times scouring the cemetery for grave sites,  he goes on interviews with me, traveled to Vegas with me to meet with Billy, and he'll even write articles for my newsletter!

Thanks Dad, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment