Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Purses (part 1)

I am very picky about my purse, and I've gotten worse as I have gotten older!

I have tried the suitcase/carry-on-bag/luggage purse. I realized I will fill it until it is full and my back is broke! The big bag does NOT work for me!

I have tried the trendy/fashionable but unreasonable purse.  It doesn't usually meet my needs, see below.

I loved the "backpack" purse and still have most of mine. They have plenty of pockets, compartments, and if it gets too heavy you can carry it on your back!

In high school, many moons ago, I tried the "clutch" (no handles). It did NOT work; because of my ADD I ended up setting it down and leaving it everywhere! Not good.  Must have handle.

I tried the "what-the-heck" purse.  It is in the shape of a triangle, the top/opening is smaller than the wider bottom.  How the heck do you see what's in the bottom--that's where what you're looking for is at!

I tried just the "wallet" as a purse.  This only works if you only need money, cards, and coin.  Doesn't work if you need a comb, lipstick, or cell phone.  Eventually, you find yourself carrying your cell phone, "wallet" purse, and  keys.  What good is that, when you need a cart for all the things that won't fit in your "wallet'!

I tried the "micro" purse. I stuck with this one until recently and it worked really well until I got my IPad...time for a new purse that the IPad will fit in!

I did the "diaper bag" purse when my children were little. In other-words, diaper bag and purse combo. This becomes a problem when the diaper bag & child were separated from mommy!

A Good Purse:
Has to have the "correct" length handle (short enough to carry without dragging, and yet long enough to hang AND STAY on my shoulder.

Has to have an outside pocket for easy access to my cell phone, so I can find it while it is still ringing. I also need a separate pocket for my camera.

Has to  zipper so everything doesn't dump out when it gets tipped upside down as your driving down the highway.

A purse must also go from formal to church to grocery shopping to lunch dates. It MUST transition from one occasion to another!

Lastly, I like an odd color. When I was younger I learned your purse should match your shoes. After years of chaining out purses I quit the fight and decided if I get an odd color, it would match brown AND black shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment