Thursday, January 5, 2012

Serendipity

In addition to posting everyday on this blog, I also decided to blog everyday on my family history blog (nothing like doing two blog challenges at once).

You know, I have learned that nothing in family history work is coincidental.  When I first began the research I used to interrogate Joe about the power plant, coal, and coal mining. Over the years I thought that it was "interesting" that my husband worked at a coal fired power plant and that my ancestors were coal miners.
 
Who knew I would become so knowledgeable about coal, but family history work does that to you.  It was also coincidental that coal took my husband & I to Wyoming where my ancestors were coal miners.
Gatsby Power Plant, December 2011
Then, about two or three weeks ago, as I was working on the 3rd floor at the FHL, I noticed the stacks of the Gatsby Power Plant, and suddenly I had more than a "full-circle-of-life" experience.  It was like I was hit-in-the-gut.

An unintended gasp involuntarily escaped me.

Since that day, the whole concept has been milling in my mind.  This past Saturday after working at the library, I went out and snapped some pictures, and then I took the opportunity to really write and formulate this post with pictures.

Coincidental?  Serendipity?  Go see for yourself here.  

Today I am grateful for: 
1.  To be a missionary.
2.  To have time, the season, and means to research.
3.  My ancestors, who where hard working coal miners and coal miner wives.

No comments:

Post a Comment