Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Seven Year Itch

I think I've got it.  It's been  a little over seven years since Joe died and here is what I know:
  • Like breathing the pain is routine
  • The sadness is now who I am, it is me and I am it.
  • I realize this will be as good as it gets.  This is it.  There is no getting over it; it is now part of who I am.  It is me.
  • I am tired of trivial things and trivial people.  I find many aspects of life annoying and irritating and I just don't have the energy to deal with it or be overly kind about it.
  • I see the world through different eyes; life, death, and survival.
  • It's just a matter of time before everyone walks down this road, so judge me and we'll see how gracefully you will walk this walk.
  • Loneliness is darker than the blackest black.  It can and will deceive you and make you do crazy things.
  • There is acceptance and surrender in year seven.

2 comments:

  1. "It's just a matter of time before everyone walks down this road." Oh this is why I follow your blog. Reality is I will walk down this road. Also like reading the scriptures I hope I learn from those who have went before. Thank you for putting your thoughts out there. It takes courage and I am grateful. XO, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sharon for your comments. I appreciate that it helps, because that makes it worth it. I know and am sorry that you face this road sooner than you want. Keep hugging him while you can!

    ReplyDelete