Friday, January 27, 2012

A Special Experience

Last week at the Library I had a gentleman ask me a question about a state census record. The problem he was having was that the transcription of the census gave more information than the original document. He explained, he had asked several others including a couple missionaries and no one could explain where this additional information came from.

Because the census ledgers, especially the state census', were so large they are filmed one page and frame at a time, but three pages/frames actually make-up the one record! I clicked on the "next" tab to show him where the original information was recorded on the second and third pages/frames. He was so excited he could barely contain himself.

Last Saturday morning I passed a gentleman and he mentioned to his wife, "There's the missionary who solved my problem, and broke through my brick wall", it was the state-census-man. I smiled.

Yep, I get just as excited for others to solve their family history questions as I do my own!

But more importantly, I feel so blessed to be able to see and know that I wake up everyday without my husband for a reason and a plan bigger and better than my own. My Heavenly Father's reason and plan. I need these experiences to ease the pain and to answer the eternally nagging question of all widows,WHY?

And, when I get these small glimpses I am filled with peace and I know, "all is well."

No comments:

Post a Comment