Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What I've been up too...


Yesterday I took this sweetie and her mommy 
and drove 1 1/2 hours to see her aunt and uncle. 

We stopped by the fabric store 
and picked out this fabric for blankets for her new little cousin, 
who is due next month.
Then we went out to eat, of course.
Then we drove home.

Today,
I hung this in my "hall of pictures", it looks super!
Then, I did this--I just love my ladies!  More about this tomorrow.

In the middle of which I had to deal with this:
Something is wrong out in our area with the natural gas, so the company sent employees to every home to check your water heater and outdoor meter.  If you weren't home they shut your gas off!

When I saw the comments on Facebook, I automatically did what I have learned how to do--check the pilot light on the water heater, furnace and the stove.
Go me!
Widowhood has been a teacher!

Then I was able to disconnect 6 of these for a neighbor.  They were not working properly and were chirping uncontrollably!



And, of course I learned how to deal with these because of widowhood!

Twice in one day, the things I've learned from being a widow came in handy!

Now, if you'll excuse me I have more to do today!

Have a great day peeps!

Today I'm grateful for:
1.  Visiting teaching
2.  Knowing how to check my own pilot light, water heater, and furnace.
3.  Knowing how to disconnect smoke detectors.
4.  Having others to eat with so I don't have to eat alone!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a day! I love the fabric and can't wait to see pictures of your newest little cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete